Fleetwood-Bawden is proud to house a Montessori alternate program for students in Grades 1 through 5. Although there are many similarities between our regular elementary classrooms and that of a Montessori classroom, some of the distinguishing features that make it unique are as follows:
- a teacher educated in Montessori philosophy and methodologies appropriate to the age level of the students;
- a program which is characterized by the teaching of subjects in an integrated fashion wherever possible;
- a schedule which allows large blocks of time to problem-solve, observe and understand interactions and connections in knowledge to create new ideas;
- a diverse set of Montessori materials, activities and experiences that foster physical, intellectual, creative and social independence;
- multi-age classrooms to foster a sense of community.
The staff of Fleetwood-Bawden work closely with the Lethbridge Montessori Society to ensure quality Montessori programming and community support.
Please note that bussing transportation is provided to those who are registered in our Montessori program and live outside our school boundaries. Click here to view 2015/2016 bussing schedule. Our transportation is provided through Agnes Davidson. All buses stop at Fleetwood-Bawden before continuing onto Davidson.